The House of Lords’ EU Sub-Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy is conducting an inquiry into the European Union’s Conflict Prevention Role in Sudan, focusing on the conflict between the north and south and the implementation of the 2005 Comprehensive Peace Agreement.
In this context, they are seeking written evidence on a wide range of issues, including:
- the history of the EU’s relations with Sudan
- the EU’s overall policy towards Sudan
- the EU’s policy on preventing conflict and building peace between north and south Sudan
- the EU’s development and humanitarian aid to Sudan
- the EU’s engagement with Member States and other aid donors
- the EU’s coordination with the UN
- the EU’s support for security sector and rule of law reform in south Sudan
Click here for more information.
(NB/ The deadline for submitting written evidence is 5 March 2011.)